This job will see you embedded at a core Ministry for the Government of Madagascar for a 12-month fixed term contract.
You will work closely with the Delivery Unit, Delivery Associates colleagues and key stakeholders. You will support the Ministry’s leaders, including through expert use of data, to successfully deliver on their highest priority initiatives.
For this vacancy we are seeking a candidate with specific skills in data. You should be skilled in data analysis, management, and use. You should be able to present economic and project-related data in intuitive, interesting, and user-friendly ways – including the use of graphs, charts and maps. You should have strong, adaptable communication skills which enable you to work with the Minister as well as various implementation stakeholders.
What you'll do:
- Support the Delivery Unit’s priority initiatives, with a primary focus on data
- Support identification and measurement of meaningful, measurable targets for the initiatives, using data
- Undertake and support the Delivery Unit with data analysis to generate insights and information on implementation of priority initiatives
- Lead the collation and analysis of data to create a clear, continuous picture of delivery progress
- Support colleagues working on monitoring and evaluation by providing advice on effective data collection and collation
- Use data to trouble-shoot implementation issues as they arise
Successful candidates will be able to:
- Use data to identify issues and solve problems – expertise in data collection and analysis, including in conveying information to a lay audience
- Build relationships – experience building trust-based relationships and partnerships to deliver shared goals
- Solve problems – logically analyse issues and identify potential solutions
- Work well in a team – able to work well with busy and diverse teams
- Write high-quality presentations and reports – able to write concise, clear, and structured documents
- Think logically – able to assist with sequencing and planning delivery
- Build the capacity of core staff (4-6 officers) of selected units and the Delivery Unit
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics / data science or aligned fields. An advanced degree would be an added advantage.
- 4-5 years' work experience in a relevant sector
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; Stata, Tableau or MATLAB experience preferred.
- Written and spoken fluency in French. English and other local languages would be an added advantage.
- Available to start in March 2021.
What We Offer:
- On the job training in delivery management
- Experience working with senior government leaders and delivery experts
- Competitive salary based on experience and skill set
About Delivery Associates
We are leading specialists in public service implementation. We support governments across the world to deliver lasting, meaningful outcomes for their people through prioritising, setting targets, solving problems, and establishing routines to drive policy implementation.
Unfortunately this role has now been filled, please check back shortly for similar opportunities
Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.