We are looking for colleagues to support us in growing our work in Central and West Africa francophone countries (e.g., Gabon, Burkina Faso, DRC, etc.). At his time, we are particularly looking for colleagues with experience delivering in various content areas.
Join Delivery Associates as a Data Analyst and help governments transform how they work to improve their citizens’ lives. A Data Analyst works in small teams to engage government leaders, partners, and specialized experts in delivering the most significant impact to their people through policy-driven work.
You will improve policy outcomes through your work to formulate and test recommendations and support improved decision-making at senior government levels: mayors, prime ministers, presidents. You will facilitate problem-solving and collaboration across silos, plan and execute stakeholder workshops and bring pace and focus to routine meetings. And you will build capacity for data-driven decision-making with Deliverology® to help our clients deliver meaningful, measurable results for citizens.
Data Analysts receive excellent training as well as frequent coaching and mentoring from peers and experts. Delivery Associates provides pathways for Data Analysts to grow if you want to sharpen your data analysis and presentation skills, improve client engagement, or increase areas-specific expertise.
What you will do
- Build trust-based relationships and partnerships with clients to deliver shared goals
- Use data to identify issues and solve problems – perform data management and analytical work for high-priority projects across an array of domains and subject matter
- Lead problem-solving and conducting root cause analysis: extract insight from data, identify critical issues, and simplify the approach to solving them
- Work in a team or standalone to support the client, under the supervision of a project leader
- Design and write high-quality presentations and reports addressed to the clients and the leadership of Delivery Associates
- Think logically to sequence and plan the delivery of government strategy with pace, optimism, and urgency
- Facilitate interactive workshops with stakeholders and deliver high-quality training sessions to groups of trainees;
- Contribute to building internal assets, including business development, recruitment, IP development, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, applied mathematics, data science, computer science, engineering, economics, or aligned fields. An advanced degree would be an added advantage
- 3+ years’ work experience in a relevant sector
- Strong command of MS Office suite, esp. PowerPoint and Excel.
- Expertise with at least one data analysis software such as R, Stata, or SAS
- Experience in working with data visualization tools such as Power BI or Tableau
- Experience working with large data sets and relational databases
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to analyze issues, identify causes, and recommend solutions quickly
- Capable of learning Delivery Associates tools and approaches, with an aptitude to directly support DA Leader as needed
- Highly independent and accountable, with the ability to efficiently complete many complicated tasks without close supervision (e.g., in a remote-office arrangement)
- Based or willing to relocate to West or Central Africa with a strong will to develop Delivery Associates’ activities across the region and the continent
- Experience working in policy fields, such as agriculture, health, education, climate, or economic development, is desirable
- Written and spoken fluency in French and English
What We Offer
- Ability to have a measurable impact on the lives of citizens across the continent and around the world
- Exposure to top government leaders
- Opportunity to shape the future trajectory of a fast-growing firm and grow with it
- Opportunity to be part of a growing African team
- Competitive salaries and benefits and career growth opportunities
About Delivery Associates
We are leading specialists in public service implementation. We support governments worldwide to deliver lasting, meaningful outcomes for their people by prioritizing, setting targets, solving problems, and establishing routines to drive policy implementation.