Deliver outcomes in sustainability, agriculture, and more. We are looking for a Delivery Leader with robust client-facing experience in the public sector. Our work covers many geographies and a wide range of government priorities. In Ghana, sustainability and agriculture are recurring themes in our work, but your responsibilities will vary from project to project according to the needs and priorities of our partners.
Who are we looking for?
Ideal candidates are interested in supporting our growing partnership opportunities and bring robust client facing experience in public sector contexts or direct experience delivering results through public service. Successful candidates will demonstrate the ability to:
- Build successful relationships – has experience building trust-based relationships and partnerships to deliver shared goals;
- Display sound political and technical judgment that helps build momentum, enable change and overcome barriers to success;
- Lead problem solving – has a track record of analyzing complex problems, extracting insight from data, identifying key issues, and simplifying the approach to solving them;
- Take full ownership over work streams, demonstrating comfort amid ambiguity, proactivity, dependability and excellent work;
- Provide challenge and effective feedback – has strong influencing and negotiating skills and is excellent at giving constructive feedback; empowers clients and team by providing the right balance between challenge and support;
- Work well in a team – has a track record of team working and leadership, especially drawn from across organisations with different cultures;
- Use data and other evidence to make arguments and solve problems – an analytical thinker, able to commission and interpret a wide range of statistical analyses and translate technical information to a lay audience;
- Design and write high quality presentations and reports – produces clear, concise and compelling narratives through a combination of expert prose, use of data, graphics and exceptional engaging storytelling; able to coach others in producing high quality work;
- Think logically to sequence and plan delivery of government strategy with pace, optimism and urgency;
- Facilitate and communicate effectively – can lead interactive workshops withnstakeholders and deliver high quality training sessions to groups of trainees;
- Navigate and achieve change in the public sector – has knowledge or experience of operating in a political environment and driving reforms through public-sector decision-making processes such as budget setting, legislating, and procurement.
Specific job requirements:
- Based in Ghana for 6 months, ideally – but not necessarily – in Accra
- Written and spoken fluency in English
- Expertise in government a strong advantage, particularly in sustainability or agriculture-related areas
- Availability to start in May 2021
- You should have reliable connectivity and can provide own IT equipment
- Bachelor’s degree;
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant, full time work experience in government, consulting, public policy, research, and/or relevant field;
- Demonstrated ability and experience working with senior client stakeholders (preferred government and/or public sector adjacent);
- Superb organizational skills and proven capacity to juggle multiple projects, workstreams, and requests;
- Knowledge of agricultural, economic and social development policy is desirable.
What we offer:
- On-the-job training in our Deliverology® approach to public sector implementation and delivery management;
- Ability to have measurable impact;
- Opportunity to be part of a small, growing team;
- Competitive benefits
About Delivery Associates
We are leading specialists in public service implementation. We support governments and social sector organisations across the world to deliver lasting, meaningful outcomes for their people through prioritising, setting targets, solving problems, and establishing routines to drive policy implementation.
How to Apply
If you are interested in being a part of the Delivery Associates mission and you meet the criteria outlined above, please apply via the "APPLY NOW" link below with your resume and cover letter.
Your cover letter should indicate why you are interested in Delivery Associates and its unique approach to public reform delivery.
For further information about Delivery Associates please visit www.deliveryassociates.com or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Application closing date: May 10, 2021