As a Delivery Leader, you’ll work with leaders in the public sector to solve problems, build consensus and implement policies and programs that impact millions of people.
DA works closely with governments at every level, all over the world, to implement policy in a way that translates to real outcomes for everyday people. We do the same for foundations and social impact organizations, helping turn innovative programs into lasting impact. In short, we help public sector partners get things done. We use a clear methodology to solve problems and help our partners deliver results. We’re successful in part because we master our approach and in part because we are empathetic, resourceful, level-headed, and dedicated to our clients and the people they serve.
We work closely in diverse, global teams, leaning on each other’s strengths. We don’t expect any one person to do all these things perfectly. Our teams are made up of people who can:
- Build relationships: Earn trust and influence among diverse stakeholders, especially in the public sector or nonprofit world.
- Facilitate and coach: Run effective meetings and workshops that drive towards problem solving and consensus.
- Model and analyze data: Turn raw data into actionable insights and recommendations, whether through excel or other platforms.
- Write and present clearly: Turn complex problems or insights into clear memos and well-structured slides; speak clearly and concisely in remote and in-person settings.
- Prioritize and manage projects: Bring clear structure and planning to day-to-day work and communication.
- Solve problems: Break down problems and identify root causes before developing hypotheses and solutions.
- Stay focused: Navigate complexity, especially in policy and program implementation, consistently steering large coalitions back to a single-minded focus on priority outcomes.
We work well with people who are:
- Adaptable: Public sector work is dynamic. Our people are, too.
- Analytical: We identify, dissect, and solve complex problems.
- Accountable: We are a remote team. We work collaboratively but self-sufficiently; oversight is often minimal.
- Driven: Our work is important, so it’s important we do it well.
- Curious: We never stop learning from our clients, colleagues, and partners.
Many of our people have backgrounds in management consulting, public sector implementation, government, philanthropy, think tanks / policy research, and international development. Some come from startups and tech. Most have some experience with our major verticals: education, public health, sustainability, economic development, agriculture. But we’ve done this long enough to know that what matters most is your skill set and your mindset. We’re open to lots of backgrounds as long as you can show us you’re an analytical thinker, a clear communicator, a team player, and an avid learner.
These are the basics.
- Bachelor’s degree
- A minimum of 3-5 years of relevant, full time work experience in government, consulting, public policy, and/or relevant field (climate or racial equity and economic mobility a plus)
- Must be able to work in the United States without requiring visa sponsorship
- Must have business-level proficiency in English
- 25-50% travel
What We Offer:
- Exposure to senior leaders in government, NGOs and other social impact organizations
- Opportunity to be part of a growing team working on transformative projects in all continents
- Opportunity to shape the future trajectory of a fast-growing firm and grow with it
- Competitive compensation and benefits
About Delivery Associates
We help governments and social impact organizations all over the world turn big ideas, campaign promises, and ambitious goals into everyday reality for the people they serve. We approach every problem with a strong bias towards implementation, an open mind to possibilities, empathy for governments and residents, and a strong values system that helps us harness our capabilities to make change happen.