Description of the role
We are looking for colleagues to support us in growing our work on the continent (incl. Benin, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Chad, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, Sierra Leone, The Gambia, and Togo). At his time, we are particularly looking for colleagues with experience delivering in various content areas, including in the agriculture, health, education, and basic infrastructure sectors.
Join Delivery Associates as a Delivery Leader and help governments transform how they work to improve their citizens' lives. A Delivery Leader works in small teams to engage government leaders, partners, and specialized experts in delivering the most significant impact to their people through policy-driven work.
You will improve policy outcomes through your work to formulate and test recommendations and support improved decision-making at senior government levels: mayors, prime ministers, presidents. You'll facilitate problem-solving and collaboration across silos, plan and execute stakeholder workshops and bring pace and focus to routine meetings. And you'll build capacity for data-driven decision-making with Deliverology® to help our clients deliver meaningful, measurable results for citizens.
Delivery Leaders receive excellent training as well as frequent coaching and mentoring from peers and experts. Delivery Associates provides pathways for Delivery Leaders to grow if you want to sharpen your presentation skills, improve client engagement, or increase areas specific expertise.
Many Delivery Leaders have specialized knowledge or experience in one industry. Most do not need focused expertise to be successful. For experienced candidates who join as a Delivery Lead, this can mean developing expertise in a completely new area.
Ideal candidates will bring robust client-facing experience in public sector contexts or direct experience delivering results in public service.
What you will do
- Build trust-based relationships and partnerships with clients to deliver shared goals;
- Lead problem-solving: extract insight from data, identify critical issues, and simplify the approach to solving them;
- Provide challenge and practical feedback to colleagues and clients
- Work in a team or standalone to support the client, under the supervision of a project leader;
- Design and write high-quality presentations and reports addressed to the clients and the leadership of Delivery Associates
- Develop compelling communication materials around various topics depending on the project
- Think logically to sequence and plan the delivery of government strategy with pace, optimism, and urgency
- Facilitate interactive workshops with stakeholders and deliver high-quality training sessions to groups of trainees;
- Contribute to building internal assets, including business development, recruitment, IP development, etc.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant, full-time work experience in government, management consulting, public policy, or relevant field
- Knowledge and experience of specific policy fields, such as agriculture, health, education, climate, or basic infrastructure, is desirable
- Demonstrated ability and experience working with senior client stakeholders (preferred government or public sector adjacent)
- Superb organizational skills and proven capacity to juggle multiple projects, workstreams, and requests
- Highly independent and accountable, with the ability to efficiently complete many complicated tasks without close supervision (e.g., in a remote-office arrangement)
- For anglophone countries: Demonstrated fluency with English; proficiency with French a plus
- For francophone countries: Demonstrated fluency with French and English speaking and writing skills
- Based or willing to relocate to client country and a solid will to develop Delivery Associates' activities across the continent. Please indicate your country of preference in your application.
- Experience living and working in different cultures; time spent in African countries strongly preferred
- Sensitivity to the political and cultural environments of public institutions or similarly complex environments
What We Offer
- Ability to have a measurable impact on the lives of citizens across the continent and around the world
- Exposure to top government leaders
- Opportunity to shape the future trajectory of a fast-growing firm and grow with it
- Opportunity to be part of a growing African team
- Competitive salaries and benefits and career growth opportunities
About Delivery Associates
We are leading specialists in public service implementation. We support governments worldwide to deliver lasting, meaningful outcomes for their people by prioritizing, setting targets, solving problems, and establishing routines to drive policy implementation.