As a Project Leader, you’ll lead internal and external teams towards more effective public sector work – and greater impact for everyday people.
DA works closely with senior leaders at every level, all over the world, to implement policy in a way that translates to real outcomes for everyday people. We do the same for foundations and social impact organizations, helping turn innovative programs into lasting impact. In short, we help public sector partners get things done. Project leaders run major client projects, managing internal and external teams towards priority outcomes through a blend of our internal framework and their own impeccable judgement.
Our Project Leaders (PLs) can:
- Build relationships: Earn trust and influence among senior level stakeholders, including Mayors, heads of state, ministry leaders, and senior program officers. PLs know when to bend and when to push back, leading clients towards better outcomes.
- Manage project teams: Mentor and manage internal project teams, as well as manage up to senior leadership at DA. Work autonomously while staying connected to the whole.
- Facilitate and coach: Run effective meetings and workshops that drive towards problem solving and consensus, while building capacity for internal and external teams..
- Communicate clearly: Turn complex problems or insights into clear memos and well-structured slides, sometimes on a tight timeline.
- Develop and manage workplans: Bring clear structure and prioritization frameworks to large-scale projects and individual team members.
- Solve problems: Break down problems across a wide range of areas, identifying root causes before developing hypotheses and solutions.
- Lead with focus and empathy: Give skillful and effective feedback that helps people master our IP, sharpen their acumen, and grow in their careers.
We work well with people are:
- Adaptable: Public sector work is dynamic. Our people are, too.
- Analytical: We identify, dissect, and solve complex problems.
- Accountable: We are a remote team. We work collaboratively but self-sufficiently; oversight is often minimal.
- Driven: Our work is important, so it’s important we do it well.
- Curious: We never stop learning from our clients, colleagues, and partners.
Many of our people have backgrounds in management consulting, public sector implementation, government, philanthropy, think tanks / policy research, and international development. Some come from startups and tech. Most have some experience with our major verticals: education, public health, sustainability, economic development, agriculture. But we’ve done this long enough to know that what matters most is your skill set and your mindset. We’re open to lots of backgrounds as long as you can show us you’re a skilled leader, an analytical thinker, a clear communicator, and an avid learner.
These are the basics.
- Bachelor’s degree
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant, full time work experience in government, consulting, public policy, and/or relevant field (see above)
- Prior experience leading / managing a team
- Written and spoken fluency in English is required; fluency in Spanish and or Portuguese is highly desirable
What We Offer:
- Exposure to senior leaders in government, NGOs and other social impact organizations
- Opportunity to be part of a growing team working on transformative projects in all continents
- Opportunity to shape the future trajectory of a fast-growing firm and grow with it
- Competitive compensation and benefits
About Delivery Associates
We help governments and social impact organizations all over the world turn big ideas, campaign promises, and ambitious goals into everyday reality for the people they serve. We approach every problem with a strong bias towards implementation, an open mind to possibilities, empathy for governments and residents, and a strong values system that helps us harness our capabilities to make change happen.
Position closes 5 November 2021.