As a Delivery Leader, you’ll work with leaders in the public sector to solve problems, build consensus and implement policies and programs that impact millions of people.
DA has a growing portfolio of work within North America supporting governments at every level deliver on their biggest challenges. At DA you could:
- Innovation: help governments take new moonshot ideas and turn them into impact that can directly be seen by residents. For example, our teams are currently helping cities in the United States and Latin America and we are gearing up to help the finalist cities of the bigger-than-ever Global Mayors Challenge in 2022.
- Climate and equity: partner with the biggest environmental nonprofits (like NRDC, RMI, and WRI) to assist communities across the US move the needle on climate while making societal more equitable too. For example, DA is a lead partner in the American Cities Climate Challenge, helping government and philanthropy leaders craft the next big thing in addressing the twin crises of climate and inequity.
- Smart Data: bring government leaders the information and tools they need to make effective decisions, measuring and evaluating the impact of new and ongoing programs. For example, we have helped cities across the US and the world embrace the growing power of data via the What Works Cities certification and technical assistance program. Plus, you will have access to DA Digital’s powerful suite of services and tools!
- Center of government led reform and performance management: support top leaders of municipal, regional or national governments across North America to establish and build capacity of central delivery teams that oversee performance management and drive implementation efforts through better prioritization, target-setting, planning, data-driven routines and problem-solving across sectors that include education, healthcare, infrastructure, emergency response, safety & security and economic development, among others.
DA works closely with governments in these areas and others, all over the world, to implement policy in a way that translates to real outcomes for everyday people. We do the same for foundations and social impact organizations, helping turn innovative programs into lasting impact. In short, we help public sector partners get things done. We use a clear methodology to solve problems and help our partners deliver results. We’re successful in part because we master our approach and in part because we are empathetic, resourceful, level-headed, and dedicated to our clients and the people they serve.
We work closely in diverse, global teams, leaning on each other’s strengths. We don’t expect any one person to do all these things perfectly. Our teams are made up of people who can:
- Build relationships: Earn trust and influence among diverse stakeholders, especially in the public sector or nonprofit world.
- Facilitate and coach: Run effective meetings and workshops that drive towards problem solving and consensus.
- Model and analyze data: Turn raw data into actionable insights and recommendations, whether through excel or other platforms.
- Write and present clearly: Turn complex problems or insights into clear memos and well-structured slides; speak clearly and concisely in remote and in-person settings.
- Prioritize and manage projects: Bring clear structure and planning to day-to-day work and communication.
- Solve problems: Break down problems and identify root causes before developing hypotheses and solutions.
- Stay focused: Navigate complexity, especially in policy and program implementation, consistently steering large coalitions back to a single-minded focus on priority outcomes.
We work well with people are:
- Adaptable: Public sector work is dynamic. Our people are, too.
- Analytical: We identify, dissect, and solve complex problems.
- Accountable: We are a remote team. We work collaboratively but self-sufficiently; oversight is often minimal.
- Driven: Our work is important, so it’s important we do it well.
- Curious: We never stop learning from our clients, colleagues, and partners.
- Collaborative: We are flexible, thoughtful and team players.
Many of our people have backgrounds in management consulting, public sector implementation, government, philanthropy, think tanks / policy research, and international development. Some come from startups and tech. Most have some experience with our major verticals: education, public health, sustainability, economic development, agriculture. But we’ve done this long enough to know that what matters most is your skill set and your mindset. We’re open to lots of backgrounds as long as you can show us you’re an analytical thinker, a clear communicator, a team player, and an avid learner.
These are the basics.
- Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree desirable
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant, full-time work experience in government, consulting, public policy, and/or relevant field
- Must have business-level proficiency in English
- Must be based in and have work authorization in the United States
- Willingness to eventually travel 25-50% on average
What We Offer:
- Exposure to senior leaders in government, nonprofits, NGOs and other social impact organizations
- Opportunity to be part of a growing team working on transformative projects in all continents
- Opportunity to shape the future trajectory of a fast-growing firm and grow with it
About Delivery Associates
We help governments and social impact organizations all over the world turn big ideas, campaign promises, and ambitious goals into everyday reality for the people they serve. We approach every problem with a strong bias towards implementation, an open mind to possibilities, empathy for governments and residents, and a strong values system. We are always asking ourselves, our partners, and our clients: What would it take to make change happen? Learn more at www.deliveryassociates.com.