About this position
As a Delivery Associate, you’ll collaborate with internal and external teams to support more effective public sector work – and greater impact for everyday people.
DA works closely with governments, foundations, and social impact organizations all over the world to implement policy in a way that translates to real outcomes for everyday people, helping turn innovative programs into lasting impact. In short, we help public sector partners get things done. Delivery Leaders work in small teams around the world to engage leaders of governments and social impact organizations in delivering the greatest impact to citizens through policy-driven work.
As a Delivery Associate, you’ll work closely with public sector clients and help to design and implement strategies that deliver on policy commitments. You will help to improve policy outcomes through your work by formulating and testing recommendations, and by driving decision making at senior levels of government. You’ll facilitate problem solving and collaboration across silos, planning and executing stakeholder workshops and bringing pace and focus to routine meetings. And you’ll build capacity for data driven decision making with Deliverology® to help our clients deliver meaningful, measurable results for citizens.
Delivery Associates receive excellent training as well as frequent coaching and mentoring from peers and experts. Whether you wish to sharpen your presentation skills, improve client engagement, or increase area specific expertise, our organization provides pathways for Associates to grow. While many Delivery Associates have specialized knowledge or experience in one industry, most do not need focused expertise to be successful. For experienced candidates who join as a Delivery Associate, this can mean developing experience in a completely new area.
Who are we looking for?
Ideal candidates bring robust client facing experience in public sector contexts or direct experience delivering results through public service. A successful candidate can:
- Build successful relationships – has experience building trust-based relationships and partnerships to deliver shared goals;
- Lead problem solving – has a track record of analyzing complex problems, extracting insight from data, identifying key issues, and simplifying the approach to solving them;
- Provide challenge and effective feedback – has strong influencing and negotiating skills and is excellent at giving constructive feedback; empowers clients and team by providing the right balance between challenge and support;
- Work well in a team – has a track record of team working and leadership, especially drawn from across organisations with different cultures;
- Use data and other evidence to make arguments and solve problems – an analytical thinker, able to commission and interpret a wide range of statistical analyses and translate technical information to a lay audience
- Design and write high-quality presentations and reports – produces clear, concise and compelling narratives through a combination of expert prose, use of data, graphics and exceptional engaging story-telling; able to coach others in producing high quality work
- Think logically to sequence and plan delivery of government strategy with pace, optimism and urgency
- Facilitate and communicate effectively – can lead interactive workshops with stakeholders and deliver high quality training sessions to groups of trainees;
- Navigate and achieve change in the public sector – has knowledge or experience of operating in a political environment and driving reforms through public sector decision-making processes such as budget setting, legislating, and procurement.
- Build DA - demonstrating a commitment to the growth and development of the company, including business development, recruiting, IP development and living our values.
We work well with people who are:
- Adaptable: Public sector work is dynamic. Our people are, too.
- Analytical: We identify, dissect, and solve complex problems.
- Accountable: We are a remote team. We work collaboratively but self-sufficiently; oversight is often minimal.
- Driven: Our work is important, so it’s important we do it well.
- Curious: We never stop learning from our clients, colleagues, and partners.
- Must have business-level proficiency in English and in Spanish
- Must have work authorization in the US and willing to live in Puerto Rico
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2 to 4 years of relevant, full-time work experience in government, consulting, public policy, and/or relevant field
- Demonstrated ability and experience working with senior client stakeholders (preferred government and/or public sector adjacent)
- Superb organizational skills and proven capacity to juggle multiple projects, workstreams, and requests
What We Offer
- Ability to have measurable impact on the lives of people around the world;
- Exposure to top government leaders;
- Opportunity to be part of a small, growing team working on projects in all continents;
- Competitive compensation.