As a Content Creator, you’ll generate a steady and strategic drumbeat of content for a global development fund.
Nanmo is a partnership between the Qatar Fund for Development (QFFD) and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF). In the coming years, Nanmo plans to fund multiple projects at the intersection of climate adaptation, agricultural transformation, and poverty alleviation. To build awareness, credibility, and momentum for the partnership, Nanmo needs a content creator to write and design once-weekly social media posts, adapted for multiple platforms.
What you'll do:
- Attend weekly meetings with the Secretariat to observe, listen, ask questions and stay abreast of progress, themes, and other developments within the partnership
- Attend occasional meetings with project teams to understand the work on the ground
- Build trust with Secretariat and funders in an environment where shifting timelines and conflicting priorities demand patience, skill, and flexibility
- Maintain a quarterly content calendar, with awareness of global and regional development events and moments, so partners know when and what to post
- Write and design quarterly “batches” of posts around three themes: The partnership itself, the projects it funds, and the broader issues and themes Nanmo seeks to address. The partnership would like to post once a week, acrossmultiple channels; quarterly batches will help manage the cadence of client input and review.
- Write “on-the-fly” content as needed when project updates and/or regional or sectoral events require timely posting
- Incorporate feedback from the Secretariat team as well as from each partner (QFFD and BMGF)
- Organize all posts so they are easy for each organization to share on their respective channels. Note that you will not do the actual posting; rather, you will write and design the posts, revise according to feedback, and organize everything in a shared folder so each organization can easily access and post the content on their own channels.
- Share relevant updates with a PR vendor, so that the vendor has strategic, accurate, timely information to guide their pitching process
- Write talking points for events the partnership attends, reflecting Nanmo’s strategy, the context of the event, and the work of our projects in the field
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience in communications, with preference for client-facing roles and/or international development experience
- Proven experience in social media writing and design, backed by a portfolio of relevant work
- Experience in client service; proven ability to manage feedback, shifting timelines, and conflicting priorities with patience and skill
- Superb organization and attention to detail
- Highly independent and accountable, with ability to efficiently complete tasks without close supervision (e.g., in a remote-office arrangement)
- Availability to start as early as October 1st for a 3-month probation period followed by a 12-month contract
- Must be timezone friendly; based in EMEA region
- Fluency in English and Arabic (written and spoken) required
About Delivery Associates
We help governments and social impact organizations all over the world turn big ideas, campaign promises, and ambitious goals into everyday reality for the people they serve. We approach every problem with a strong bias towards implementation, an open mind to possibilities, empathy for governments and residents, and a strong values system that helps us harness our capabilities to make change happen.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should provide their resume and samples of their work.