We are looking for a Delivery Leader with robust client-facing experience in the public sector.
Our work In Asia Pacific covers many geographies and a wide range of government priorities. Agriculture and sustainability are recurring themes In our work across Asia Pacific, but your responsibilities will vary from project to project according to the needs and priorities of our partners.
Who are we looking for?
Ideal candidates are interested in supporting our growing partnership opportunities and bring robust client facing experience in public sector contexts or direct experience delivering results through public service.
Successful candidates will demostrate the ability to:
- Build successful relationships – has experience building trust-based relationships and partnerships to deliver shared goals;
- Display sound political and technical judgment that helps build momentum, enable change and overcome barriers to success;
- Lead problem solving – has a track record of analyzing complex problems, extracting insight from data, identifying key issues, and simplifying the approach to solving them;
- Take full ownership over multiple work streams, demonstrating comfort amid ambiguity, proactivity, dependability and excellent work
- Provide challenge and effective feedback – has strong influencing and negotiating skills and is excellent at giving constructive feedback; empowers clients and team by providing the right balance between challenge and support;
- Work well in a team – has a track record of team working and leadership, especially drawn from across organisations with different cultures;
- Use data and other evidence to make arguments and solve problems – an analytical thinker, able to commission and interpret a wide range of statistical analyses and translate technical information to a lay audience;
- Design and write high quality presentations and reports – produces clear, concise and compelling narratives through a combination of expert prose, use of data, graphics and exceptional engaging storytelling; able to coach others in producing high quality work;
- Think logically to sequence and plan delivery of government strategy with pace, optimism and urgency;
- Facilitate and communicate effectively – can lead interactive workshops with stakeholders and deliver high quality training sessions to groups of trainees;
- Navigate and achieve change in the public sector – has knowledge or experience of operating in a political environment and driving reforms through public sector decision making processes such as budget setting, legislating, and procurement.
- Build DA demonstrating a commitment to the growth and development of the company, including business development, recruiting, IP development and living our values
Specific job requirements:
- Based in the Asia Pacific region for at least 12 months; possible locations include Jakarta, Dili, Honiara, Hanoi and Bangkok
- Written and spoken fluency in English, and a second language is also desirable - this includes Bahasa Indonesia for Jakarta-based placements, and Portuguese for Dili-based placements;
- Expertise in government a strong advantage, particularly In agriculture or sustainability-related areas
- Bachelor’s Degree;
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant, full time work experience in government, consulting, public policy, and/or relevant field;
- Demonstrated ability and experience working with senior client stakeholders (preferred government and/or public sector adjacent);
- Superb organizational skills and proven capacity to juggle multiple projects, workstreams, and requests;
- Knowledge of agricultural, economic and social development policy is desirable
What we offer:
- On-the-job training in our Deliverology® approach to public sector implementation and delivery management;
- Ability to have measurable impact;
- Opportunity to be part of a small, growing team;
- Competitive rate
About Delivery Associates
We are leading specialists in public service implementation. We support governments across the world to deliver lasting, meaningful outcomes for their people through prioritising, setting targets, solving problems, and establishing routines to drive policy implementation.
Unfortunately this role has now been filled, please check back shortly for similar opportunities
Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.