DA has a growing portfolio of work in Latin America, supporting some of the region's biggest challenges and implementing policy in a way that translates to real outcomes for everyday people. We do the same for foundations and social impact organizations, helping turn innovative programs into lasting impact. In short, we help public sector partners get things done. We use a clear methodology to solve problems and help our partners deliver results. We’re successful in part because we master our approach and in part because we are empathetic, resourceful, level-headed, and dedicated to our clients and the people they serve.
We work closely in diverse, local, and global teams, leaning on each other’s strengths. We don’t expect anyone to do all these things perfectly. Our teams are made up of people who can:
- Build relationships: Earn trust and influence among diverse stakeholders, especially in the public sector or nonprofit world.
- Facilitate and coach: Run effective meetings and workshops that drive towards problem-solving and consensus.
- Model and analyze data: Turn raw data into actionable insights and recommendations, whether through excel or other platforms.
- Write and present clearly: Turn complex problems or insights into clear memos and well-structured slides; speak clearly and concisely in remote and in-person settings.
- Prioritize and manage projects: Bring clear structure and planning to day-to-day work and communication.
- Solve problems: Break down problems and identify root causes before developing hypotheses and solutions.
- Execute at consistently high quality: Display bias to action, ability to simplify complexity and distill what matters most to generate insightful output and move things forward at a fast pace.
- Stay focused: Navigate complexity, especially in policy and program implementation, consistently steering large coalitions back to a single-minded focus on priority outcomes.
We work well with people who are:
- Adaptable: Public sector work is dynamic. Our people are, too.
- Analytical: We identify, dissect, and solve complex problems.
- Accountable: We are a remote team. We work collaboratively but self-sufficiently; oversight is often minimal.
- Driven: Our work is important, so it’s important we do it well.
- Curious: We never stop learning from our clients, colleagues, and partners.
- Collaborative: We are flexible, thoughtful, and team players.
Many of our people have backgrounds in management consulting, public sector implementation, government, philanthropy, think tanks/policy research, and international development. Some come from startups and tech. Most have some experience with our major verticals: education, public health, sustainability, economic development, agriculture. But we’ve done this long enough to know that what matters most is your skill set and your mindset. We’re open to lots of backgrounds as long as you can show us you’re an analytical thinker, a clear communicator, a team player, and an avid learner.
These are the basics.
- Between 5-8 years of full-time experience, either from working in government (at all levels), government-serving management consultancy, philanthropy, non-profit organizations, or adjacent fields. We would particularly welcome those who have expertise in working with partners to develop long/medium-term strategic thinking or to set up and manage implementation-focused organizational structures (e.g., Delivery Units, PMOs, or similar).
- Demonstrated ability and experience working with senior stakeholders, with a special focus on building relationships with government agencies and/or philanthropies/funders
- Strong capacity-building skills: an effective mentor and coach to clients and colleagues at all levels
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to produce clear, concise, and compelling narratives rapidly through a combination of expert prose, use of data, graphics, and exceptional engaging storytelling. Able to lead and coach junior colleagues to deliver similar products.
- Superb organizational skills and proven capacity to juggle multiple projects, workstreams, and requests
- Highly independent and accountable, with the ability to efficiently complete many complicated tasks without close supervision (e.g., in a remote-office arrangement)
- Bachelor's degree. A masters in a relevant field (public policy, education, economics) will be an advantage.
- Fluency in English; fluency in Portuguese and/or Spanish (written and spoken).
What We Offer
- Exposure to deeply interesting, meaningful, and challenging problems relevant sectors.
- High trust, high independence: you will own key client relationships independently and take complete ownership of driving project outcomes
- Exposure to top government leaders
- Opportunity to be part of a growing team working on projects in all continents
- Opportunity to shape the future trajectory of a fast-growing firm and grow with it
- Competitive compensation
ABOUT DELIVERY ASSOCIATES
We help governments and social impact organizations all over the world turn big ideas, campaign promises, and ambitious goals into an everyday reality for the people they serve. We approach every problem with a strong bias towards implementation, an open mind to possibilities, empathy for governments and residents, and a strong values system. We are always asking ourselves, our partners, and our clients: What would it take to make change happen? Learn more at www.deliveryassociates.com