DA is growing fast and we are expanding our global People Team to continue to attract and develop the best diverse talent worldwide. We’re looking for a dynamic HR Business Partner to work with business leaders and people managers in our North America, Latin America & Caribbean regions to build, lead and inspire exceptional teams. Reporting to the Chief People Officer, you will be the HR lead for the region, managing an HR generalist and HR Coordinator.
This is a fully remote position with internal client groups spread across the Americas, predominantly the US, Brazil, Chile, Peru and Argentina.
The role is generalist in scope, with key responsibilities ranging from international employment compliance and running the performance cycle, to reward and compensation design, talent mapping, resource and succession planning. You must be proficient at using data to guide recommendations and enjoy change and working at pace. The role presents a unique opportunity to play a key role in the shaping of an organization focused on making positive change in the world. If you have a strong background in a fast-paced, international HR environment and enjoy rolling your sleeves up to problem solve as well as driving improvement, we want to hear from you.
- Operate as a trusted partner and advisor to business leaders in all areas of talent management, employee lifecycle and development matters.
- Build and maintain strong relationships across the business.
- Understand the vision, purpose and strategy of the business and help leaders make decisions with a people focus.
- Coach people managers to build leadership capabilities and support in areas such as employee engagement, performance management and assessing readiness for promotion. Advise on appropriate HR interventions and challenge managers in a constructive manner where needed.
- Partner with business leaders to identify and manage the talent profile within their teams, including individual and departmental training needs.
- Manage the Americas HR Operations team, setting the agenda and developing colleagues to build capacity and motivate to create the greatest value for the firm.
- Resolve employee relations issues with discretion and excellent judgment, maintaining confidentiality of sensitive information and managing risk.
- Oversee employment compliance with external expert advice as needed. Own all relationships with providers such as employer of record organizations, legal advisers and global mobility consultants.
- Ensure all people policy and process documents are maintained and updated to be compliant with the relevant local regulations.
- Partner closely with the Learning & Development and Talent Attraction functions, providing business insight as needed and contributing to planning activities.
- Oversee the people dashboard to track key HR metrics. Report to the Board on trends and make data-based recommendations.
- Partner with the CPO to enhance and embed the firm’s culture and live the DA values in all we do. Promote a positive, inclusive and high-trust work environment.
- Play a key part in professionalizing the firm and driving organizational transformation through people related projects and initiatives, in addition to process improvement and refining our working practices.
- Oversee the execution of cyclical activities such as annual salary and bonus reviews, and performance management. Guide managers on how to distribute salary and bonus and how to handle any off-cycle promotions and requests for change in compensation.
- Play an active role within the People Team environment, sharing knowledge and offering guidance and support to HR colleagues.
- Bachelor's Degree OR equivalent experience in related field/business from an accredited institution.
- Proficiency in English, written and spoken.
- Strong HR Generalist experience in an international context and a sound understanding of what it means to partner directly with business leaders.
- Experience of working cross functionally with all areas of HR.
- Proven track record of handling employee relation issues, ideally in multiple jurisdictions.
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically with strong commercial acumen.
- Excellent stakeholder management and influencing skills. Able to be diplomatic and listen well, but be firm when needed.
- A track record of taking the initiative, demonstrating ownership to put ideas into practice and seeing things through to delivery.
- Ability to manage multiple, shifting priorities in a fast-paced and demanding operating context. Excellent planning, prioritization and delegation skills.
- Ability to exercise appropriate judgment and discretion in handling complex and/or sensitive people matters.
- Ability to develop, communicate and embed effective people policies and procedures.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to build positive, lasting relationships and influence a wide range of stakeholders.
- Well-developed analytical skills, using data to drive planning and decision-making, with the ability to bring structure and clarity to complex contexts.
- Ability to manage complexity and navigate change.
- A global mindset, and the willingness and ability to work with dispersed teams across multiple time zones.