We’re looking for a Florida based, dynamic HR Generalist to work with business leaders and people managers to build, lead and inspire exceptional teams. DA is growing fast and we are expanding our global People Team to continue to attract and develop the best diverse talent worldwide.
The ideal candidate will be keen to grow with us. You must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, demanding but highly rewarding operating environment and able to take the initiative and put ideas into practice, seeing them through to delivery. You will be able to manage multiple, shifting priorities, with excellent planning, prioritization and delegation skills.
Reporting to the People Business Partner, this is a fully remote position to be based in the US, with client groups spread across North and Latin America. The role is generalist in scope, with key responsibilities ranging from international employment compliance and running the performance cycle, to collaborating with People Team colleagues on compensation reviews and talent acquisition, and business leaders on resource and succession planning. You must be proficient at using data to guide recommendations.
The role presents a unique opportunity to play a key role in the continued growth of an organization focused on making positive change in the world. With colleagues in over 44 countries and an expanding team of expert HR colleagues, there is great scope for learning and professional growth. If you have a strong background in a fast-paced, international HR environment and enjoy rolling your sleeves up to problem solve as well as driving improvement, we want to hear from you.
- Operate as a trusted advisor to business leaders in all areas of people policy, compliance, performance and development matters.
- Run reports from systems to be able to pull pertinent data to track key performance indicators.
- Work within several systems to maintain employee data accurately throughout the employee lifecycle.
- Review data on a consistent basis to provide insights to leadership.
- Be the first point of contact for colleagues in the region on people matters, providing guidance as needed and resolving any issues.
- Resolve employee relations issues with discretion and excellent judgment, maintaining confidentiality of sensitive information and managing risk.
- Maintain regional colleague handbooks.
- Facilitate employment compliance with external expert advice as needed.
- Ensure all people policy and process documents are maintained and updated to be compliant with the relevant local regulations.
- Coordinate immigration matters for colleagues, including visas applications. Liaise with external immigration lawyers as required.
- Partner closely with the Learning & Development and Talent Attraction functions, providing business insight as needed and contributing to planning activities.
- Play a key part in professionalizing the firm and driving organizational transformation through people related projects and initiatives, in addition to process improvement and refining our working practices.
- Play an active role within the People team environment, sharing knowledge and offering guidance and support to HR colleagues.
- Oversee the onboarding of new colleagues
- Coordinate performance, reward and promotion activities, providing data as needed.
- Oversee the leavers process, including gathering in company equipment, liaising with Payroll on final payments, closing records and carrying out exit interviews.
- Bachelor's Degree OR equivalent experience in related field/business from an accredited institution.
- Based in Florida.
- Proficiency in English, written and spoken.
- 4-6 years of experience in Human resources.
- HR Generalist experience with professional services experience is preferred.
- Experience in working within an HRIS team, especially when it relates to managing employee data in multiple systems
- Experience in data management and working with multiple types of information.
- Experience of working cross functionally with all areas of HR.
- Ability to be detail oriented to yield accuracy in all tasks performed.
- Proven track record of handling employee relation issues, ideally in multiple jurisdictions.
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically with strong commercial acumen.
- Excellent stakeholder management and influencing skills. Able to be diplomatic and listen well, but be firm when needed.
- A track record of taking the initiative, demonstrating ownership to put ideas into practice and seeing things through to delivery.
- Ability to manage multiple, shifting priorities in a fast-paced and demanding operating context. Excellent planning, prioritization and delegation skills.
- Ability to exercise appropriate judgment and discretion in handling complex and/or sensitive matters.
- Ability to develop, communicate and embed effective people policies and procedures.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to build positive, lasting relationships and influence a wide range of stakeholders.
- Well-developed analytical skills, using data to drive planning and decision-making, with the ability to bring structure and clarity to complex contexts.
- Ability to manage complexity and navigate change.
A global mindset, and the willingness and ability to work with dispersed teams across multiple time zones.