You will work with governments and donors, engaging senior leaders in the public sector on their most complex challenges by building capabilities for delivering priority projects and informing data-driven decision-making.
You will lead the day-to-day execution of projects while guiding and coaching the client’s team to deliver and sustain concrete results. You will also coach junior colleagues to help them develop their delivery skills, including sharing knowledge and experience, giving frequent feedback, and creating opportunities for team members to learn and grow.
You will work directly with clients – usually on the ground – and take ownership of the overall project. You will facilitate problem-solving, collaboration, learning, and continuous improvement across silos.
You will oversee data collection and analytical processes and develop robust recommendations for presentation to the client, including senior government managers and officials. You will implement those prioritized recommendations with client team members.
You will have the opportunity to build on your leadership skills, working alongside diverse clients and DA colleagues.
You will have the opportunity to learn about the Deliverology® approach, which is the basis for DA’s work around the world.
You will also have the opportunity to participate in and lead internal initiatives and contribute to the organization and the Africa region's growth.
As your career advances, you’ll take responsibility for multiple projects and/or clients and eventually move on to the Associate Director role. Delivery Associates’ mentors and coaches will guide you to meet your individual needs every step of the way.
KENYA, ETHIOPIA or SOMALIA.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
● Master’s degree and above
● Demonstrate a passion for solving economic and social issues
● At least 7 years of relevant experience in the public sector, consulting firms or international organizations with demonstrable client-facing roles in public sector contexts and/or direct experience delivering results
● Experience in managing teams and projects preferably in the international development space or the public administration
● Solid team player who can work independently and collaboratively with a large and diverse set of people
● Solid track record in building strong client relationships at the senior levels as well as identifying opportunities to deepen relationships
● Experience working and living in Africa, preferably in Kenya, Ethiopia or Somalia
● Expertise in building capacity of government officials to better deliver results, setting up or supporting delivery units at the center of government, designing and implementing data systems to track progress on priority projects (monitoring and evaluation systems, dashboards…)
● Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively in English – speaking and writing. Speaking Somali will be a plus
● Willingness to relocate and travel frequently depending on project needs
WHAT WE OFFER
● Opportunity to solve the most complex challenges and issues the continent is facing and inform donors and policymakers' decisions for maximum citizens and residents' impact
● Opportunity to work alongside top minds that get things done and create lasting citizens and residents' impact
● Opportunity to be part of a global network and team
● Competitive salaries and benefits and career growth opportunities