As a Project Leader, you’ll lead internal and external teams towards more effective public sector work – and greater impact for everyday people.
DA works closely with governments at every level, all over the world, to implement policy in a way that translates to real outcomes for everyday people. We do the same for foundations and social impact organizations, helping turn innovative programs into lasting impact. In short, we help public sector partners get things done. Project leaders run major client projects, managing internal and external teams towards priority outcomes through a blend of our internal methodology and their own impeccable judgement.
Our Project Leaders (PLs) can:
- Build relationships: Earn trust and influence among senior level stakeholders, including Presidents, heads of state, ministry leaders, and senior program officers. PLs know when to bend and when to push back, leading clients towards better outcomes.
- Communicate clearly: Turn complex problems or insights into clear memos and well-structured slides, sometimes on a tight timeline.
- Develop and manage workplans: Bring clear structure and prioritization frameworks to large-scale projects and individual team members, often across countries
- Solve problems: Break down problems across a wide range of areas, often at a global scale, identifying root causes before developing hypotheses and solutions that work, often at a local or country level scale
- Lead with focus and empathy: Give skillful and effective feedback that helps people master our methodology, sharpen their acumen, and grow in their careers.
We work well with people are are:
- Adaptable: Public sector work is dynamic. Our people are, too.
- Analytical: We identify, dissect, and solve complex problems.
- Accountable: We are a remote team. We work collaboratively but self-sufficiently; oversight is often minimal.
- Driven: Our work is important, so it’s important we do it well.
- Curious: We never stop learning from our clients, colleagues, and partners.
Many of our people have backgrounds in management consulting, public sector implementation, government, philanthropy, think tanks / policy research, and international development. Some come from startups and tech. Most have some experience with our major verticals: education, public health, sustainability, economic development, agriculture. But we’ve done this long enough to know that what matters most is your skill set and your mindset. We’re open to lots of backgrounds as long as you can show us you’re a skilled leader, an analytical thinker, a clear communicator, and an avid learner.
These are the basics
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably, but not limited to, disciplines related to public policy, economics, mathematics, engineering, finance, public health, social policy, etc.)
Master’s degree is preferable, but not essential
- A minimum of 8 years of relevant, full time work experience in government, development finance, consulting, public policy, and/or relevant field (see above)
- Previous work experience managing investment funds or global partnerships for far-reaching results in multiple countries is highly desirable
- Strong command of MS Office suite, esp. PowerPoint and Excel.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to analyse issues, identify causes, and recommend solutions quickly (often at a global scale, and then cascading them into real solutions at country level)
- Must be interested in working in the GCC countries
- Written and spoken fluency in English; Written and spoken fluency in Arabic is preferable
What We Offer:
- Exposure to senior leaders in government, foundations, and other social impact organizations to lead work on life-changing goals for people
- Opportunity to be part of a growing team working on transformative projects in all continents
- Opportunity to shape the future trajectory of a fast-growing firm and grow with it
- Competitive compensation and benefits
About Delivery Associates
We help governments and social impact organizations all over the world turn big ideas, campaign promises, and ambitious reform goals into everyday reality for the people they serve. We approach every problem with a strong bias towards implementation, an open mind to possibilities, empathy for governments and residents, and a strong values system that helps us harness our capabilities to make change happen.