WHAT YOU WILL DO
You will work with governments and donors, engaging senior leaders in the public sector on their most complex challenges by building capabilities for delivering priority projects and informing data-driven decision-making.
You will work alongside the Project Leader on the day-to-day execution of a client project while guiding and coaching the client’s team to deliver and sustain concrete results. This includes collecting data and performing analysis, preparing client reports and communication materials with the Project Leader's guidance.
You will work directly with clients – usually on the ground. You will facilitate problem-solving, collaboration, learning, and continuous improvement across silos.
You will engage in data collection and analytical processes and develop robust recommendations for presentation to the client. You will implement those prioritized recommendations with client team members.
You will have the opportunity to build on your leadership skills, working alongside diverse clients and DA colleagues.
You will have the opportunity to learn about the Deliverology® approach, which is the basis for DA’s work around the world.
You will also have the opportunity to participate in and lead internal initiatives and contribute to the organization and the Africa region's growth.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Bachelor’s degree and above
• Demonstrate a passion for solving economic and social issues
• At least 4 years of experience in the public sector, consulting firms, or international organizations with demonstrable client-facing experience in public sector contexts and/or direct experience delivering results
• Solid team player who can work independently and collaboratively with a large and diverse set of people
• Solid track record in building strong client relationships as well as identifying opportunities to deepen relationships
• Experience working and living in Somalia (preferred), Ethiopia or Kenya
• Experience providing delivery support to government entities
• Expertise in Monitoring and Evaluation
• Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively in English and Somali – speaking and writing
• Willingness to relocate to Somalia (preferably based there)
WHAT WE OFFER
• Opportunity to solve the most complex challenges and issues the continent is facing and inform donors and policymakers' decisions for maximum citizens and residents' impact
• Opportunity to work alongside top minds that get things done and create lasting citizens and residents' impact
• Opportunity to be part of a global network and team
• Competitive salaries and benefits and career growth opportunities